Skills: Environmental Engineer, Environmental, Safety & Training
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Project Manager in our Winnipeg Health, Safety and Environment group. The HSE Project Manager will be responsible for coordination, project delivery and client liaison on projects related to hazardous building materials, demolition, confined space assessments, and environmental health and safety construction support services.
- Assess and prepare proposals.
- Coordinate field and reporting programs to ensure project deliveries are met.
- Manage project budgets and client/regulatory liaison.
- Key client relations management.
- Provide mentorship and training to staff.Conduct senior review of reports.
- Provision of designated substances and hazardous materials surveys and preparing management plans (i.e. lead, mercury, asbestos, PCBs, etc.).
- Provision of mould evaluations and indoor air quality assessments.
- Provision of asbestos abatement and mould remediation inspections.
- Provision of confined space assessments.
- Support demolition and construction projects including planning, design (specifications) and abatement.
- Phase Contrast Microscopy analysis for asbestos and other fibres (training can be provided);
- Supervising or completing senior technical assignments including assessment and abatement programs, specification development, and reporting;
- Prepare and submit high quality technical reports and technical documents. Provide technical review.
- Stay current in area of professional practice and be recognized as a specialist internally and externally.
- Optimize use of internal human and physical resources in order to deliver the highest quality products on time and on budget.
- Work occasional off-hour shifts as required in order to accommodate assessment and inspection services required as part of evening, night and weekend work; and
- Work on project sites within Manitoba and occasional out of province including working in conjunction with other offices.
Skills / Qualifications
- College diploma or University degree in occupational health and safety, environmental engineering..
- Demonstrated project management and project control experience.
- Certified Engineering Technologist or Professional Engineer designation an asset.
- A professional certification such as a Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP), Registered Occupation Hygienist/ Certified Industrial Hygienist, Registered Occupational Hygiene Technologist is highly desirable.
- Minimum 6 years of related work experience.
- Must be fit to wear a respirator and able to work at heights and in confined spaces with appropriate training (provided by Wood).
- Class 5 driver's license and a good driving record (driving abstract required).
- As an ongoing condition of employment, participate in criminal background checks including vulnerable sector screening and/or drug screening for site access.
- Good report writing skills and demonstrated word processing and computer skills.
- Skills in mobile electronic field data collection (i.e. tablets) and M.S. Office 365 tools.
- Good communication skills and attention to detail is mandatory (verbal and written).
- Must be available to work off-hours on occasion.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to occasionally work at heights with the use of fall arrest systems.
- Skills in mobile electronic field data collection (i.e. tablets) and M.S. Office 365 tools;
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem solving skills
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment such as, hard hats, ear plugs, safety glasses, respirators, steel-toed boots, fall protection harnesses
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces, climb ladders, carry equipment, and stand for extended periods of time
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.