Skills: Heavy Machinery Operator
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Springboro, Ohio, United States
Wood is currently sourcing for a Heavy Equipment Operator to join our team in Springboro, Ohio.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Operates various power-driven machinery used to move dirt or other materials. May operate all or some of the follow types of equipment: backhoe, bulldozer, excavator, crane, dragline, font-end loader, motor grader, cranes, dump truck, etc.
- Ability to Set up and operates production equipment in accordance with established guidelines and procedures.
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks according to specification, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Move hand and foot levers to control diesel, electric, gasoline or steam-powered operating equipment.
- Ability to communicate and receive instructions using voice, radio and hand signals to determine where materials are to be placed or moved.
- Manipulate equipment on unlevel working surface.
- May assist in lifting, position and securing or materials and work pieces during installation.
- May be responsible for routine maintenance or repairs.
Skills / Qualifications
May require a high school diploma or its equivalent with previous years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.