Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Environmental Field Geologist/Engineer to assist in ongoing field work for various clients throughout the St. Louis Region.
Field work will involve at a minimum:
- Collecting surface soil samples
- Logging soil and/or rock core for geotechnical and/or environmental purposes
- Oversight of drilling activities, monitoring well installations/development and subsequent groundwater sampling
- Being out of town during the week typically, with some local field work
Skills / Qualifications
The successful candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and ArcGIS. More experienced candidate should have technical writing skills to assist in preparation of reports, data tables, work plans, and proposals. Should be able to conduct both office and field work with minimal supervision.
Successful candidate should have the following experience/skills:
- BS/BA in Geology or Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience
- 40-Hour HAZWOPER Trained preferred but not required
- Experience in collection of soil and groundwater samples
- Capable of local/regional travel overnight
- On track to gain PG or PE status
- Strong technical report writing skills
- Organized and detail oriented
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.