Skills: Construction Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Wood is seeking a Geotechnical/Construction Engineer to join our Nashville team and serve as Project Engineer/Manager in our Infrastructure Engineering and Design Branch. Types of projects generally include roadways, railroads, dams/impoundments/levees, commercial site development primarily serving our key market sectors - Transportation, Civil Works/Infrastructure, and Energy. The selected candidate's responsibilities will include managing/executing geotechnical engineering and construction projects, performing analyses, preparing project proposals and preparing and reviewing project deliverables. Projects typically involve studies and design services for slope stabilization, ground improvement, drainage improvements, deep foundations, and dam/impoundment/levee seepage.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing, managing, and implementing a geotechnical investigation for infrastructure projects. Must have knowledge or understanding of basic geologic factors for a given locale and their impact on design/construction
- Developing cost proposals, technical reports, and/or design documents
- Developing geotechnical recommendations for design/construction
- Performing geotechnical analyses
- Preparing and/or overseeing development of construction documents
- Producing and managing timely, and high-quality deliverables
- Assuming management responsibility and accountability for projects under their purview
- Responding to contractor-submitted documents such as RFI's and other construction submittals
- Acts as company liaison with internal and external clients
- Travel periodically to project sites
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 7 years of prior related engineering and/or management experience - combination of work experience and post-graduate degree(s) will be considered
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required; Master's Degree a plus
- Working knowledge of construction/constructability with ability to interpret design/construction drawings
- Ability to use relevant software, such as CAD programs (Microstation or AutoCAD), slope stability applications, MathCAD/Matlab, etc.
- Demonstrated project management experience;
- Professional Engineering (PE) licensed
- Ability to work effectively with team members as well as independently
- Strong organizational and communication skills, written and verbal
- Preferred candidate will have demonstrated success in sales and business development
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.