Sacramento, California, United States
Sacramento, California, United States
Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Sacramento, California, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a global network of engineers, scientists and project managers, we apply ingenuity, innovative technologies and customer focus to deliver solutions for complex environmental and infrastructure challenges. We are a diverse business, with around 7,600 people in about 175 offices spanning six continents. From engineering resilient facilities to restoring contaminated sites, we provide support across the life cycle of our customers' assets in the government, industrial and manufacturing, mining, power, infrastructure, and oil and gas sectors.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced Senior Civil Engineer - Transportation for transportation construction projects throughout California. This individual will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest infrastructure projects in the country, and have key responsibilities for project delivery and quality. You will be part of a diverse and dynamic team of engineers, inspectors and scientists focused on supporting one of our key service and growth areas.
Key Responsibilities :
- Serves as Project Lead with our DOT clients, contractors, and vendors to provide materials engineering support and to manage the quality (assurance), project scope, budgets and schedules
- Knowledge of Construction Materials Standards, Specifications and Codes (ASTM, ACI, AWS, IBC)
- Create and manage a strong quality control/assurance program for roadway and structural materials
- Candidates should have an understanding of testing and inspection practices asphalt (HMA) including related roadway materials to provide technical recommendations to field engineers
- Maintain Project focus on ensuring Quality Control plans are fully complied with during the entire project, which requires review of initial plan, checking of compliance throughout the project duration and review of daily reports
- Ability to develop and maintain client relations
Interface on technical materials issues with Resident Engineers, Structures Construction Representatives, Contractors, suppliers and vendors for transportation projects throughout California
- Primary Coordinator of all Project Stakeholders in providing required Quality for all structural members with in Project schedule
- Manage and maintain consistency in accordance to Company and industry standards for all project structural critical components while minimizing the impact on project schedule and cost
- Duties include job site, fabrication and manufacturing shops visits as needed to ensure adequate quality assurance measures are employed
- Visits to project sites, fabrication and manufacturing shops
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- CA Professional Engineer Registration (PE)
- Proficiencies with automated computer programs
- 5 Years min construction or design experience in transportation or commercial projects
- Travel in the State of California and possibly out of state if required
- Experience with State DOT
- Experience with large Design/Build construction company
- MSCE / SE with more than 5 years work experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.