Skills: Project Management
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Santa Barbara, California, United States
Wood's Environment Planning Group has built strong relationships with local agencies in California with a robust backlog of projects. We specialize in high-profile urban development, long-range planning, coastal planning, recreation and trails, climate change adaptation, agricultural land use, and renewable energy projects. Our in-house staff provides planning and permitting services, high-quality environmental documentation compliant with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and mitigation monitoring and reporting services. Our award-winning documents showcase our team's commitment to excellence in both technical analysis and presentation. We have also been particularly successful with grant preparation and management services for our agency customers. This success supports a growing environmental planning practice and a need for talented and driven project management, environmental analysis, and business development roles on our team.
Work Location: Santa Barbara, California
Wood is seeking a Senior CEQA Project Manager to serve as a key member of the Environmental Planning Group in Santa Barbara, CA. In this role, you will manage preparation of CEQA documents for municipal customers in the central coast and Southern California. You will initially be responsible for managing small to medium projects and teams under group leadership direction and review, then grow into more complex planning and environmental impact assessment projects. You will directly interact with agency customers, provide technical direction and editing of environmental impact analyses, and manage and mentor technical teams to complete projects within budget and schedule expectations. You will facilitate project meetings, hearings, and workshops, including some regional travel. You will also help grow the practice with proposal support and strategic marketing outreach. You will also be a member of a small, collaborative leadership team for a dedicated and hard-working group of environmental planners, technical specialists, and professional writers.
Skills / Qualifications
- Solid experience as a deputy project manager and/or project manager for small and medium projects
- Solid working knowledge of CEQA and California planning
- Exceptional technical writing and editing skills, demonstrated by writing samples
- A demonstrated commitment to high quality technical analysis and critical thinking in the environmental review process
- A tenacious interest in business development with new and existing clients, including experience and/or interest in writing proposals
- Initiative and confidence working in a collaborative and communicative team
- Leadership qualities, including interest in mentoring junior staff
- Ability to maintain client and team relationships and identify risks/liabilities early and often
- A BS/BA with at least 7 years of experience of environment planning, natural resources, or related field; or a Master's degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Preferably, experience working with public and private clients in a private consulting firm and/or local agency work experience
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.