Skills: Geologist, Environmental Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
We are currently seeking an Hydrogeologist ( or Engineer in Hydrogeology ) to join our Water Management team in Montreal, Quebec. The positions report to the Water Management and Treatment Manager. This exciting opportunity offers a growth position in a team-oriented environment for an individual with an established track record as a professional hydrogeologist.
Candidates should be self-motivated and able to work on projects with variable complexity with the desire and ability to work within an interdisciplinary team.
- Supervise and carry out a wide range of hydrogeological assessments and projects to develop groundwater resources which may involve drilling monitoring, well design and construction and general site inspections;
- Assessment of drinking water supply areas in the context of protection of the source;
- Assist in the development of a Water Resources team (which includes Hydrogeology and Hydrology);
- Provide technical expertise, as well as support and oversee hydrogeological designs, proposals and reports;
- Lead critical delivery meetings and oversee field investigations;
- Coordinate with project management teams and other disciplines leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieved;
- Identify and develop new business opportunities and support the technical component of business development materials;
- When required, work collaboratively with other departments, environmental regulators and Wood offices on project-related work;
- Oversee and conduct a wide variety of hydrogeological assessments and development projects;
- Implementing safe work procedures and adherence to quality control requirements .
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Geological Sciences, Engineering or Environmental Science with strong emphasis in hydrogeology from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education;
- Master's degree in Hydrogeology is considered an asset;
- Miimum of five (5) years of relevant experience (mining, municipal, industrial);
- Project Management skills are necessary, with an ability to track timelines, meet budgets and schedules;
- Knowledge and experience with applicable provincial and federal legislation;
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills;
- Able to write technical reports in French and in English;
- Registered (or is eligible) with the Order of Engineers of Quebec (OIQ) or Order of Geologist of Quebec (OGQ);
- Previous consulting experience is preferred;
- Ability to travel to mine sites as needed;
- Ability to develop the Quebec business.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.