Skills: Document Control, Secretarial or Administrative
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of Canada's gas processing, power generation, and power distribution companies.
Wood currently has an exciting opportunity for an Engineering Administration Assistant. Reporting to Engineering Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Supporting engineering projects through the management of project documentation
- Organizing files, both paper and electronic, for proper storage
- Reproducing documents as required for project staff
- Seeking out and completing methods to continually improve processes
- Performing other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma, or equivalent
- 1 - 2 years' of related experience in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience in digital records management not required, but preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Familiar with general office practices and procedures
- Able to operate a computer, and other standard office equipment
- Able to work with the following programs on an intermediate level: Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; as well as Internet Explorer and Windows
- Able to maintain effective working relationships with staff and those encountered in the course of work
- Able to carry out detailed written or oral instructions
- Able to understand proper handling of all paperwork required in department, including reporting of time
- Able to manage several projects at one time with frequent interruptions
- Knowledge of engineering drawings & documentation not required, but preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.