Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an Intermediate/Senior Water Resources Engineer to join its Water Resources team in Burnaby, British Columbia. The incumbent will be involved in a wide range of engineering projects, from conceptual water management planning to detailed design of water infrastructure and will support Wood's business related to mining, and municipal/industrial infrastructure.
With our continued growth in the mining sector, the successful candidate will have 5 or more years of experience in a similar role in the mining industry coupled with strong experience in the use of GoldSim modeling software for project work
The main duties for this position are:
- Conducting hydrologic assessments, site-wide and local area water balances, options assessments for water management infrastructure, hydraulic design, and design of water diversions and control structures.
- Participating in surface water resources projects, including watershed management, impact assessments, natural channel design and environmental compliance and permitting;
- Performing quality assurance / quality control duties and managing sediment and erosion control related to construction of water management infrastructure;
- Conducting field studies involving flow measurements and water quality sampling, and supporting groundwater and geotechnical site investigations;
- Entering, analyzing, and managing various surface water and groundwater data;
- Watershed and hydraulic modelling to support assessments and design; and
- Other duties as required.
Skills / Qualifications
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Environmental Engineering from an Accredited University.
- Current registration, or eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) with EGBC
- Experience with hydrologic and hydraulic analyses, as well as interpretation of water quality data.
- Familiarity with hydrology, hydraulics, database and GIS software.
- Strong experience with Goldsim modelling for project in the mining sector
- Experience in river engineering, fluvial geomorphology and scour analysis, and exposure to environmental impact assessments and surface water monitoring programs.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- An ability to manage time and resources effectively
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.