Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Narrows, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Microstation Drafter t o safely produce quality detailed drawings as directed by Project Managers, Designers, Plant Operations, and Maintenance personnel.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required"
- Safety auditing/observations
- Field/Plant visits to assist as needed with engineering/design aspects
- Providing quality drawings that incorporate plant and national standards
- Responding to emergencies as necessary
- Working with the designers to support high value engineering (HVE) principles and metrics
- Preparing drawing packages and/or documentation necessary at various stages of project execution
- Assist in completing project drawings and electronically filing them in the system
- Perform filing of hard copy files into vault system drawings in our PE drawing vault.
- Assist with ordering supplies for PE vault printers and plotter and keep inventory of such.
- Assist by use of Microsoft office products to produce documentation to complete design standard information as directed by designers as needed (valve lists, line lists, etc)
Skills / Qualifications
- Individuals should have drafting experience
- Individuals should be proactive in helping to improve the work processes of the position and the department.
- Individuals should feel comfortable working in a team environment to collectively achieve the objectives of the department
- Create MicroStation drawings from engineering sketches and design mark- ups.
- Draw isometrics from piping plans and sections with minimum guidance from a senior level designer.
- Draft sections from piping plans and or sections with minimum guidance from a senior level designer.
- Perform field walk down survey of facilities to document equipment arrangement and P&ID's.
- Draft Instrument Loop Diagrams based on information provided by senior level designer.
- Create cable tray routing drawings with guidance from senior level designer.
- Proficient in Process Flow Diagrams (PFD) and Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) development.
- Proficient in drafting scaled layouts, equipment arrangements, area layouts, site layouts, and safety layouts.
- Have a basic understanding of piping components, materials, and industry codes.
- Plan and execute the work in accordance with project scope and agreed schedule. Assure fit for purpose levels of work occur.
- Assist with ProjectWise administrative duties (ProjectWise is a suite of engineering project collaboration software from Bentley systems designed for the architecture, engineering, and construction industries. It aids project teams to manage, share, and distribute engineering project content and review in a single platform). Utilize ProjectWise processes to share information with Plant personnel and outside vendors.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.