Skills: Civil Engineering, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has a seasonal Materials Technician opportunity available with our Lethbridge, AB office.
- Perform field and laboratory testing and inspections for concrete, soils, aggregates, and asphalt in accordance with relevant standards and reporting results
- Ensuring field and laboratory equipment is maintained, repaired, calibrated as required
- Attain CCIL certification for concrete testing (already have CCIL certification for concrete testing would be considered as an asset)
- Maintain equipment, inventory and records required for a CCIL certified laboratory
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Adhering to all company safety rules and policies
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma in Civil Technology, Civil Engineering or relevant related field.
- Current registration or eligibility for registration with The Association of Science & Engineering Technology Professionals of Alberta (ASET)
- Familiar with civil construction practices and relevant testing standards
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel
- Familiar with Quality Management Systems
- Strong written, verbal communication and people management skills
- Experience in writing technical reports, business development and client relations
- Able to work independently in a small office / laboratory setting and liaise with local office manager and supervisors
- Practical drafting experience using AutoCAD with knowledge of civil and municipal infrastructure design would be considered an asset
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving experience
- Travel out of town and willing to work overtime
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.