Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection, Construction Manager
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is looking to hire Site Managers / Quality Control Managers. This position is based in CONUS and will require travel throughout the CONUS and can include assignments OCONUS (Japan, Korea, GTMO)
The objective is to produce a result (site management, data analysis and conclusions, as-built final report, recommendations, etc.) which satisfies the client's needs. Perform related responsibilities as assigned to oversee and manage multiple concurrent construction tasks in the field and project management.
- Be responsible for project level Quality Control and field level activities including site management, oversight of craft labor and/or subcontractor management, logistics, schedules, sample collection, data analysis and report preparation as required to advance project progress
- Be familiar with potential safety and health hazards associated with project activities and advise manager of construction of procedures to mitigate
- Maintain up to date field records including daily progress reports, progress schedule, meeting documents, shop drawings, test reports, as-built records and other documents necessary to document field activities
- Coordinate the preparation of required interim and final deliverables for projects in his or her charge
- Prepare and recommend scientifically valid and appropriate quality assurance measures for technical assignment, e.g. data collection activities
- Coordinate technical activities with other professionals and field personnel
- Provides technical supervision and assistance to insure project activities are technically valid and results are coordinated for project continuity and control. Acting as a working manager, serves to coordinate all technical activities in an efficient manner to insure that the project requirements and deadlines are met
- Act as liaison with other professionals and field personnel to accomplish the efficient and smooth implementation of project directives
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 years of Construction including 5 years of US DoD Fuels Construction
- 5 - 7 years Quality Control on US DoD Fuels Construction (Current CQM Certificate)
- Certifications (Not Mandatory) API 653, Aboveground Storage Tank Inspector; API 570, Process Piping Inspector; Steel Tank Institute SP 001 Tank Inspector; NACE CIP Level II or higher; and NACE CP Level I or higher, 30 Hour OSHA, CPR, 40 Hour HAZWOPER.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare reports
- Knowledge of Outlook, Work, Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- A valid driver's license is required
- A valid passport is required
- Ability to work on US military bases is required
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.