Chicago, Illinois, United States
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Wood is seeking a Mechanical / Electrical / Plumbing (MEP) Quality Assurance Representative to join a data center construction project in the Chicago area.
This full-time, onsite MEP Quality Assurance staff will be responsible as an owners' representative for observing and tracking the delivery, installation, and testing of electrical and mechanical systems of a large-scale mission-critical facility to ensure compliance with the project-specific drawings and specifications.
- Ensures compliance with the client's quality program and project-specific drawings and specifications via routine inspections (e.g., Level 2 commissioning) of all electrical and mechanical components and systems
- Use an electronic field device and software (e.g., iPad with BIM360 Field) to communicate and track results of inspections and note deficiencies of installed components throughout the construction and early commissioning process
- Work in a dynamic team environment as the owner representative giving recommendations of standard and specification with the owner, manufacturer, construction manager, general contractor and their lower-tiered subcontractors to identify and prioritize inspections
- Able to read a project schedule and determine necessary inspections required based on project and client specifications
- Proactively schedule inspections and tests with the general contractor and lower-tiered subcontractors based on short term look-ahead schedule
- Prepare daily and weekly reports summarizing the inspections performed and their results
- Track documented inspection issues / shortcomings through to resolution
- Capable of tailoring provided general inspection checklists for project specific equipment
- Can recognize installation trends, take initiative to investigate root-cause analysis, and recommend process improvement
- Walk distances on uneven sites, climb small ladders, and work in an active construction environment
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of construction and/or quality assurance experience, of which 2+ years of experience include complex, mission-critical facilities; data center experience required.
- Experience with large-scale, complex electrical and mechanical installations, and the testing and/or commissioning of similar systems
- Demonstrated experience with major regulations, industry codes, and standards affecting mechanical and electrical installations, as well as standard mechanical, electrical, and plumbing materials and means of construction
- Experience performing Level 2 commissioning inspections for set-in-place installations and pre-energization activities is preferred
- College, trade school, or military training in a technical discipline, and/or Master license is desired
- Able to walk distances on uneven sites, climb small ladders, and work in an active construction environment
- Certifications in quality assurance or commissioning are desired (e.g., CDCAP, DCEP, ICC, CxA, NICET, ASHRAE, USACE CQM, etc.)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.