Skills: Engineering Manager
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Wood perform consulting and EPCM services for many of the world's leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Wood is seeking an Engineering Manager for our Mining and Minerals consulting and EPCM projects and can be based in our Vancouver, BC, Oakville, ON, or Saskatoon, SK offices across Canada.
This is a strategic role, that will be filled contingent upon project award. Reporting to the Project Director, this role has overall responsibility for managing the home office engineering team for a large mining project, ensuring successful execution and completion of all engineering design activities. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Establishing good working relationships and communication with area leads, department managers and the client
- Providing assistance to department managers and the Project Director in staffing, planning and execution strategies for project engineering activities
- Working with the client, engineers and project leadership team to understand project and client requirements and preparing and presenting solutions
- Interfacing with client design teams to ensure clients' standards/requirements are met and engineering services meet or exceed expectations
- Ensuring project deliverables satisfy Wood quality standards and are implemented in a timely, cost effective and consistent manner while considering safety by design
- Ensuring commonality of systems, standards, specifications and procedures in engineering on the project
- Ensuring engineering is coordinated with construction requirements including responses to site queries and coordination on engineering designs considering a brown fields project
- Conducting technical/design reviews and providing technical direction to the engineering team
- Identifying and resolving areas of concern within the engineering function, both at the project and the functional level
- Monitoring and reporting on engineering performance with respect to budgets and productivity
- Coordinating all engineering, design and procurement resources and assigning and allocating resources to the project
- Assessing skill/performance gaps within the engineering team and implementing appropriate training plans, including budget creation and approval
- Creating a collaborative and engaged team through positive mentoring/coaching and other innovative strategies
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate or Graduate Degree in Engineering or related field from a recognized university
- More than 15 years of proven engineering experience in mining and metallurgical or similar heavy industrial projects with a minimum 8 years in progressive leadership roles on large EPCM projects
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Background in the execution of large industrial EPCM projects
- Proven leadership and personnel management skills
- Ability to mentor senior level engineers and designers and provide technical leadership
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- A willingness and ability to travel
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.