Skills: Legal, Regulatory Compliance
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: United Kingdom
Wood is recruiting for a Compliance Advisor to join its Group Ethics & Compliance Team. Wood is a global energy services company with offices in over 60 countries and over 45,000 employees worldwide which results in a wide exposure to ethics and compliance risks. All such business ethics issues are the responsibility of the Group Ethics & Compliance team.
The role chiefly supports the Compliance Counsel East, who is responsible for providing advice on all business ethics issues outside the Americas. The position therefore provides an opportunity to assist the team provide meaningful business ethics and compliance advice and guidance across some challenging jurisdictions.
As well as general business ethics and compliance guidance and advice, the position will also involve participation in business ethics and compliance initiatives and improvement programmes (such as third-party diligence) as well as conducting/assisting in investigations.
- Support the Compliance Counsel East and assist with the Group's business ethics and compliance programme, including: performing third party due diligence; managing the conflicts of interest and gifts & hospitality processes; reviewing and negotiating compliance sections of commercial contracts; monitoring issues reported to the Group's ethics helpline and follow-up on assigned cases; and advising Group Legal and business groups on compliance issues related to business partners, joint ventures and other business transactions
- Identify and foster key relationships at all levels of the region to promote and embed the ethics and compliance programme
- Support the development and delivery of ethics and compliance training (both online and in-person)
- Conduct / support the Compliance Counsel East in conductingethics and compliance investigations
- Support the delivery of Wood's Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption ("ABAC") Improvement Programme
- Monitor the development of new legislation and enforcement trends as they apply to the business
Skills / Qualifications
- The candidate should ideally be a qualified solicitor (0-4 PQE), although consideration may also be given to non-legally qualified candidates with relevant experience in a similar business ethics and compliance or audit / assurance role
- The candidate will have a strong academic record, achieving at least a 2:1 degree and, if applicable, a commendation or distinction on the Legal Practice Course
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Prior experience working in-house in the legal or ethics & compliance function or with a law firm in a relevant practice area, e.g. international trade, regulatory compliance
- Awareness of national and international laws, regulations and guidance dealing with such matters as ABAC, AML, fraud, competition, IP and non-retaliation
- Knowledge of corporate governance frameworks and internal controls
- Proficient with legal IT systems and tools, such as case management and eDiscovery software
- Experience of managing investigations, including managing external specialists such as forensic accountants
- Experience within a relevant sector (e.g. O&G, engineering, extractives etc.) would be advantageous
- A self-starter that is highly organised and outcomes focused
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and able to give clear, well-reasoned and business focused advice
- Good interpersonal skills and able to network at all levels of the organisation
- Good presentation skills, able to stay calm when challenged and always ready to listen and adapt
- Able to build trust and credibility with stakeholders by clear, regular and consistent communication
- An effective team player that can build the trust and support of work colleagues in remote offices
- Committed to life-long learning and development
- Embraces innovation and change as a driver for improving quality and effectiveness
- Flexibility to adapt quickly to new challenges and environments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.