Skills: Legal, Regulatory Compliance
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for an proactive and engaging individual who has the ability to be a business partner to the wider Wood management teams in ensuring ethics and compliance issues in the Eastern Hemisphere are managed and delivered against to the highest standard. As Compliance Advisor you will be reporting to the Regional Compliance Counsel for the Eastern Hemisphere and your key focus areas of focus will include;
- Managing the Ethics Helpline for the Eastern hemisphere, investigating low impact cases; assisting in investigations of higher impact cases; and being part of refining Wood's case management process
- Managing Wood's Conflicts of Interest and Gifts & Hospitality processes for the Eastern Hemisphere
- Contribute to the business engagement plan promoting an ethical culture within Wood
- Assisting in building and implementing an ABAC improvement plan, including the provision of training, and the coordination of cross-function relationships and controls
- Assisting in an improved due diligence process, including the provision of guidance to the business as first line of defence on appropriate due diligence; assisting in implementing a due diligence governance process, including in respect of existing third party relationships
The Compliance Advisor will be an integral part of the Group Compliance team.
Skills / Qualifications
- qualified solicitor or attorney, preferably with post qualifying experience, or have strong experience in delivering E&C programmes, including training, risk assessments and improvement programmes
- a background in the energy sector working across multiple jurisdictions is perceived to be an advantage
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- A high degree of knowledge related to business ethics and compliance is required.
- Knowledge of global Anti-Bribery and Corruption principles, laws/regulations (US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), UK Bribery Act (UKBA)) and best practices (e.g., Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Transparency International, and World Bank)
- Familiarity within a relevant sector (e.g. energy, engineering, extractives etc.).
- Group performance and how it can deliver and add value to its customers
- Corporate governance and decision making
- Changing regulatory environment
- Interacting with and presenting to senior management and Board level personnel is essential
- Connect and establish effective, cross-cultural working relationships with all levels of the organisation and externally
- Consistently model and lead on the Group's core values
- Energy and compassion
- Balance humility and self confidence
- Forward thinking and able to see the 'big picture'
- Creative in the achievement of stretching objectives; does not accept failure easily
- Ability to generate trust and credibility with audiences through continuous, open and consistent communication
- Champion and drive innovation and change initiatives, focused on improving quality and effectiveness
- Foster a customer-focused climate that delivers on expectations and strengthens relationships
- Identify and tackle critical issues head on combined with the ability to skilfully manage potentially contentious interactions
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.