Skills: Process Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Basel, Basel City, Switzerland
Wood is currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer to be based in our Basel office in Switzerland to support a number of projects in the pharmaceutical engineering sector.
The successful candidate will be available to work on Client premises and on site, when required.
- Basic & Detail Design Engineering activities for the assigned projects
- Preparation / review of PFD , P&ID's or project specific specifications
- Interface with other disciplines , departments, clients
- Coordinate disciplines activities and control and forecast work area activities and deliverables against schedule
- Work in coordination with procurement and subcontracting group as well as estimate department
- Prepare Erection requisition for mechanical works
- Coordinate Junior project engineers during the preparation of key project documents (P&Id's, line list, equipment list etc.)
- Organise, contribute and prepares notes for multidiscipline meetings to affect the timely completion of the requisition
- Contribute and participate to work in an enthusiastic manner, working to the requirements of quality and environmental management systems maintained to ISO standards
- Provide project management support as required to projects, project managers and executives
- Work as part of a team by supporting each other, sharing work load and covering during periods of absence
Skills / Qualifications
- MSc/BSc degree in Chemical or Industrial engineering
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the role in engineering companies in pharma sector
- Self-motivation, a proactive outlook and good communication skills
- Ability to deal with other disciplines
- Mother tongue / Fluent in German is a mandatory requirement
- Fluent in English
- Eligible to work in Switzerland
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.