Skills: Electrical Technician, HVAC
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Columbus, Georgia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environmental & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking Stationary Engineers to join our project team in Columbus, GA.
- Operates and maintains one or more systems that provide heat, air-conditioning (cool, humidify, dehumidify, filter, and circulate air), refrigeration, steam or high-temperature water or electricity
- Duties involve: observing and interpreting readings on gauges, meters and charts which register various aspects of the system's operation, adjusting controls to insure safe and efficient operation of the system and to meet demands for the service provided, recording in logs various aspects of the system's operation, keeping the engines, machinery and equipment of the system in good working order
- Directs and coordinates activities of other workers in performing tasks directly related to operating and maintaining the system or systems
Skills / Qualifications
- Skilled in the repair of electronic control equipment
- Experienced in producing electricity, steam, or heated or cooled air primarily for sale, and Boiler Tenders
- Vocational or college degree or an approved apprenticeship with attained Stationary Engineer degree, or the equivalent combination of training and experience as a Stationary Engineer in same environment
- Class A Stationary Engineers License
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.