Skills: CAD / CAM, Design Engineer, Mining
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting for a Senior CAD Designer with extensive experience in site civil grading and mining industry to join our team in Florida.
Work Location :
Tampa or Lakeland preferred; however, any Wood E&IS office location in Florida may be considered
Key Responsibilities :
- This role will assist engineers by preparing computer-generated working drawings that are project specific
- Successful candidates must be able to multi-task projects and drawings, being able to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Will also provide technical drafting support, plot data form direction, and compile engineering data from drawings or field notes
- Create as-built or revised designs from existing drawings as requested
- Must be able to regularly perform arithmetic computations using specified formulas
- Solve problems of a routine nature with ample precedent or clearly defined procedures
Skills / Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in site civil and linear infrastructure grading
- Expertise in AutoCAD Civil3D
- Demonstrated proficiency and working knowledge of 3D surface generation / manipulation, use of corridors / assemblies to create moderately-complex and complex grading plans, and data management / file organization for large projects
- Experience and working knowledge of standard Microsoft Software Applications (Excel, Word, etc.)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.