Skills: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions has an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager, PS&E, H&H, CMT / CE&I interested in playing a key role in expanding the capabilities and client base of our PS&E, H&H, geotechnical, testing and inspection group in Texas.
The ideal candidate has an engineering degree, experience with PS&E, H&H, Geotechnical Services, Construction Material Testing (CMT) and Construction Engineering & Inspection (CE&I) projects. Leadership skills are necessary to grow staff and expand our client base. A licensed Professional Engineer in Texas is preferred.
- Develops and maintains effective client relations; leverages project experience to win new and follow-on work
- Identifies and pursues new opportunities to grow PS&E, H&H, geotechnical, CMT and CE&I services
- Independently develops project proposals and assists in preparation of large-scale proposals
- The successful candidate will be part of the core management team and will have significant opportunity for growth
- Conducts technical review of project deliverables and signs / seals deliverables as appropriate for submittal to the client
- Coordinate, attend and run regular scheduled business develop and progress meetings
- Provide continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality and seamless customer service
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. Civil Engineering (geotechnical engineering preferred)
- 15+ years of related experience with TxDOT an asset
- Professional Engineering Registration in Texas or the ability to obtain within 6 months
- Strong technical capability with PS&E, H&H, Geotechnical, CMT, CE&I and other related services
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships and win work
- Demonstrated professional judgment, consistency and attention to detail. Proven track record in winning large IDIQ contracts with TxDOT
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Possess an extensive understanding of construction standards and practices
- Experience preparing reports that demonstrate technical knowledge
- Motivated to develop business from new and existing clients
- Proficient in Microsoft Business Suite Applications and project scheduling tools
- Flexibility to travel to multiple TxDOT district offices
- Valid Texas drivers license
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.