Skills: Crew Chief, Field Service Tech
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking multiple qualified and energetic Field Archaeologists for our upcoming busy field season. The projects are diverse in complexity and involve archaeological survey and excavation investigations throughout the Midwest and Southeast including Arkansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Florida. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
- Assist on surveys to identify and document archaeological sites as well as excavations to test the National Register site eligibility and large scale field and laboratory investigations to mitigate adverse impacts to significant archaeological resources
- Perform pedestrian reconnaissance, shovel tests, test unit excavation, mechanical excavation monitoring, as well as site documentation and artifact analyses and are supervised by a Field and/or Laboratory Director
- On archaeological field investigations, assist historic and prehistoric artifact identification, document features and other archaeological deposits, prepare site descriptions, photograph features and artifacts, prepare sketch maps of sites, and complete field forms completely and accurately
- On laboratory investigations, wash and process recovered materials and analytical samples, label and package artifacts, perform supervised analysis, and conduct computerized data entry
- May help in report production through preparation of digitized graphics, preparation of tables summarizing artifact data and other information, and preparing text for sections of the report that document the results of archaeological investigations
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified Archaeological Field Technician candidates should possess a bachelor's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field, have completed an accredited archaeological field school, and have at least three months of CRM field experience
- Candidates with field school, over two years CRM experience, and demonstrated proficiency with GPS data collection, map navigation, and project note documentation will be considered for Crew Chief positions
- All candidates must be able to perform physically demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (e.g., rugged terrain, remote locations, hot and cold temperatures)
- Candidates are expected to hike cross-country while carrying personal equipment and supplies and carry out the physical effort to hand excavate shovel tests or test units
- Candidates should also be willing to take direction and work as part of a team
- Candidates should have good organizational skills, a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and willingness to learn
- Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams that Wood will arrange
Pay will be commensurate with education and experience.
Contact Kathy Warner ( email@example.com ) with any questions or for more information.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.