Skills: Instrument & Controls Engineer
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Woking, England, United Kingdom
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an Automation and Control Engineer to support our projects in Woking.
Applicants must be British or EEA national and be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The Engineer p lays a primary role in Automation and Controls deliverable development while supporting the Lead Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Performs primary configuration, database and/or programming under minimal direction of the Senior or Lead Engineer
- Competent in planning and executing system configuration and/or programming
- Participates actively in all phases of project execution including system definition and design
- Capable of leading subsets of system design, configuration and testing activities
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves speciality related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Previous experience in Automation and Control Engineering at Engineer level with proven demonstratable competency of this time spent
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have a good general knowledge of each engineering discipline with previous experience and competence in independently executing assigned Automation tasks
- Has experience with multiple system implementation projects and/or control system platforms
- Has experience in various industries and can be recognised as a knowledgeable person in a specific engineering field
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, methodologies and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures and specifications
- Knowledge of modern automation and control applications, tools, methodologies or equal training/experience
- Reasonable working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software/tools and trends
- Inquisitive, well organized and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.