Skills: Regulatory Compliance
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: various locations
Wood E&IS GmbH, a subsidiary of John Wood Group plc in the Netherlands, hereafter Wood, is a focused supplier of consultancy, engineering and project management services to its customers in the world's oil and gas, minerals and metals, clean energy, environment and infrastructure markets. Wood designs, delivers and maintains strategic and complex assets and employs more than 55,000 people in over 60 countries worldwide.
We are currently recruiting a Senior Environmental Compliance Specialist to support our Benelux team working from our Arnhem or Brussels office. The new position is for current and upcoming projects for Commercial-Industrial sector clients as well as the Governmental sector in the Benelux.
The tasks and responsibilities of an Environmental Compliance Specialist / Permitting Expert include:
- Execution of complex environmental / ecological permit (application) procedures for in the commercial - industrial sector
- Performing environmental compliance audits
- Execution of environmental due diligence assessments / site assessments
- Support clients with their sustainable future ambitions
- Execute / project manage technical background studies related to site assessments, environmental impact assessments, permitting, etc.
With Wood you will receive a salary and benefits that meet market standards and have the opportunity to work in a diversified international company with strong growing ambitions. With this position you will be part of a dynamic client focused team in a supportive environment.
Skills / Qualifications
In order to be successful in this position it is essential that you have excellent written and spoken language skills in both Dutch and English. French, German, Italian and or Scandinavian language skills would be advantageous, they are not essential.
Qualifying candidates should also meet the following criteria:
- Hold a Certificate of a relevant education in Environmental Management, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering and or Safety Management
- Substancial experience delivering Environmental Management / Sustainability Services to Industrial / Commercial clients and or Oil & Gas sector clients
- Fully familiar with environmental legislation in the Benelux and ideally have relationships with some key regulators
- Ambition to coach junior staff
- Confident speaking in front of senior management of clients and (large) groups of people
- Good organizational skills with the ability to work individually as well as in a team
- Good Knowledge of MS-Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Happy to travel around the Benelux and potentially wider Europe
- Class B driving license.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.