Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Skills: Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Bridge Engineer / Bridge Team Lead with a passion for Client Interaction, Project Delivery and Staff Development to join our Burnaby or Calgary teams.
A role that combines technical project delivery as well as client management, you will report to the Discipline Lead - Structures and Bridges and play an integral role in the growth of Wood's Bridges practice by leveraging your established contacts, local market experience and track record of success.
With more than 10 years of experience successfully delivering bridge projects in Western Canada, you are someone that is ready to take the next step in your career with Wood.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships to further establish Wood's presence in the field of bridge engineering
- Assist in identification and development of new business opportunities
- Plan, promote and execute projects of varying size and complexity including major highway bridges, standard bridges and culverts and pedestrian bridges
- Guide, oversee and review preliminary engineering of new bridges, bridge rehabilitation design and life-cycle cost analysis and detailed design of new bridge structures. Load evaluations, review of drawing preparation and specifications, preparation of tender documents (including schedules and estimates), and construction administration
- Manage bridge inspection assignments for provincial and municipal clients
- Prepare, review and authorize proposal submissions for established and prospective clients
- Mentor, supervise and continue development of all intermediate and junior bridge group staff
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering (bridges) is required. Master's degrees or higher will be considered an asset
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the design of bridges in British Columbia
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) licensed to practice in British Columbia by EGBC or in Alberta by APEGA is required. Engineering Registration in other provinces will be an asset
- Experience with BC Ministry of Transportation, Alberta Transportation, Parks Canada, Regional Transit Authorities and local municipalities
- Proven design and construction experience for standard bridges and culverts is required
- Comprehensive understanding of the Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code (CSA-S6)
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, demonstrating a flexible approach to work assignments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.