Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Skills: Project Management, Waste Management
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an experienced and motivated Water & Wastewater Treatment Engineer/Project Manager with a passion for Client Interaction, Project Delivery and Staff Development to join our Saskatoon team.
A role that combines technical project delivery, client management and business development, you will report to the Western Canada Water & Wastewater Operations Manager and play an integral role in the growth of Wood's Water and Wastewater Treatment practice by leveraging your established contacts, local market experience and track record of success.
With more than 10 years of experience successfully leading the design, construction and commissioning of water and wastewater treatment plant projects in Western Canada, you are someone that is ready to take the next step in your career with Wood.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships to further establish Wood's presence in Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Assist in identification and development of new business opportunities including preparing proposals and pursuit documents
- Manage exciting water and wastewater treatment projects and ensure successful project delivery
- Coordinate the work of the project team and provide technical direction
- Design, process analysis, modeling and troubleshooting
- Cost estimating, specifications and contract document preparation, tendering, contract administration, scheduling and budgeting
- Projects will include studies, assessments, preliminary and detailed design and construction oversight of water and wastewater facilities in Western Canada
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in civil, chemical or environmental engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) licensed to practice in Saskatchewan is required. Engineering registration in other provinces will be an asset
- Minimum 10 years of experience in both municipal and/or industrial water and/or wastewater treatment plants (process analysis and modeling, process design, hydraulic analysis, process/mechanical design, specifications, scheduling, cost estimating, tendering, construction, and commissioning)
- Existing client relationships with municipalities and water agencies in Saskatchewan
- Strong business development skills and solid client base and contacts within Western Canada
- Strong project management and design leadership experience. Experience in the consulting engineering environment is an asset
- Experience leading a team of junior/ intermediate engineers and technologist with good understanding of overall design, construction and operations of treatment plants
- Strong interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks, demonstrating a flexible approach to work assignments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.