Skills: Civil Construction, Construction Manager, Heavy Machinery Operator
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Solar Civil Foreman. Must have previous Solar construction experience. Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
The employee must be able to manage, supervise and coordinate an entire job dealing with all of the various crafts that are present on the job site. The management will include the technical, safety, and human relations aspects of employment. The employee must be capable of identifying safety problems and correcting them promptly.
The employee must be aware of the company and the customers' requirements and conditions under which they shall work. Need an ability to communicate with other craftsmen so work can be scheduled, and a good work flow can be maintained. Must be capable of making an onsite inspection of each job site prior to the issuance of a permit for safety concerns. The employee must be able to instruct workers in any of the new procedures, new materials to be used, conduct safety meetings, maintain a good line of communication with the employees. Working with the customers in a professional manner and need to assist the customer when necessary. Training workers in construction methods, operation of equipment, safety procedures, and company policies. Reading specifications such as blueprints to determine construction requirements and to plan procedures. Confer with managerial and technical personnel, other departments, and contractors in order to resolve problems and coordinate activities.
Skills / Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Foreman should have journeyman level experience in at least one craft
- Must have valid DL and a Multi Heavy Equipment Operator
- The Foreman must be familiar with the customers' requirements with regards to safety policies, work requirements, required training for employees, reporting procedures, and specifications with regards to plant engineering design and equipment
- Two to five years of experience as a Craft Foreman or similar supervisory position
- Time Management - Managing one's own time and the time of others Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
- Instructing - Teaching others how to perform tasks
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- The Foreman must be familiar and have a good working knowledge of the company policies, safety requirements, the correct method of paper flow, and the correct forms to use for each procedure
- The employee must also have a good working knowledge of the importance of the correct time sheet hours and handling
- The employee must have a good working knowledge of the correct procedure for use and care of company tools and equipment
- The employee must be familiar with O.S.H.A. and all other federal, state and local regulations. The preferred employee must have attended and successfully completed the company sponsored classes on OSHA 30-hour class
- The employee must be capable of scheduling and planning work which will require very close attention to detail with regards to manpower and equipment requirements
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.