Skills: Project Management, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer/Project Manager with our Albuquerque, NM team. This individual will provide geotechnical engineering services and manage geotechnical engineering projects related to transportation and civil projects in the U.S. and internationally.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Will provide geotechnical engineering and project management and be responsible for delivering geotechnical and geologic projects to Wood's clients
- Plan, supervise and lead geotechnical investigations and design activities
- Project management including scope, budget, schedule and resource management
- Managing and coordinating project teams, including ensuring the technical quality of deliverables
- Perform and review geotechnical engineering analyses
- Proposal and report writing
- Will lead, train and mentor junior staff
- Will travel to project sites in the US and internationally - Approximately 15% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Currently registered or immediately eligible for registration as a PE
- 8 years + experience in geotechnical engineering
- Strong academic background and solid understanding of soil mechanics
- Demonstrated Project Management skills including scheduling and budgeting and the ability to lead, train and mentor junior staff
- Demonstrated technical excellence in geotechnical engineering
- Very good understanding of drilling methods, field investigations and laboratory testing procedures
- Excellent communication, leadership, mentoring, writing, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior time management, planning and ability to interact with clients
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in the US and internationally.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.