Skills: Project Management
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Wood is currently seeking Expressions of Interest for a Project Manager with extensive experience in the oil and gas offshore industry.
- Identify and communicate the objectives for the project team in accordance with the contract terms, scope of work and corporate policy.
- Communicate these objectives to the project team, Departmental managers and client.
- Organise the project team in consultation with Departmental Managers and agree the assignment of all key personnel.
- Motivate the project team towards the determined objectives, by generating enthusiasm for the project, and by maintaining continued personal interest in achieving set targets.
- Achieve scheduled peromance, cost, quality, health, safety and environmental requirements of the project from contract award to Client's acceptance.
- Ensure that designated systems are adopted by the project team as soon as possible, after project award.
- Negotiate all contract changes with the Client.
- Act as primary contact and maintain satisfactory relations with the Client.
- Ensure that the requirements of secrecy agreements are strictly observed.
- Be familiar with the current application of computer systems to Wood business and endeavour to optimise their use and development within the project/department budget, both to solve technical problems and to promote the effective management of information.
- To ensure that the Wood Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Policy is implemented and understood by all supervised staff.
- Where a Project Executive is assigned to a project, the Project Director / Manager shall report to the Project Executive. This is in no way reduces the single point responsibility of the Project Director / Manager for the successful execution of the project.
- Lead and support assigned proposal. This includes developing in conjunction with proposals the execution strategy.
- Present execution plans at proposal review stage.
Skills / Qualifications
- Project Manager shall have experience more than 20 years and minimum 5 years as PM with Oil & Gas offshore experience, with high H2S related experience (more than 2 projects, >3000 ppm ), with high CO2 related experience (>12%) .
- Project Manager shall be a registered Professional Engineer with Board of Engineers Malaysia or Chartered Engineer with certified international professional bodies.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.