Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior Transportation Drainage Engineer for our Atlanta Operations.
This position is critical to our rapidly growing Transportation team in our Kennesaw, Georgia Office. Wood is a leader in Transportation with a focus on the highway mode, serving federal and state DOTs as well as local municipalities. Wood has key contracts in place and a strong project portfolio presenting opportunities for rapid expansion of this practice. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to lead and support simultaneous projects involving multi-disciplinary teams. Depending on the needs of the project, this position will assume both leadership and supporting roles on various projects and tasks.
Our team is known for innovation and outstanding customer service and will continue to build on these values. This is a unique opportunity for leadership and growth within our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions business.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Leads, coordinates, and performs drainage design activities on projects to include technical planning, design and construction support
- Performs detailed drainage design for; highways, roadway, culverts, storm drain systems, retention/detention basins, erosion control measures, hydraulic structures including weirs, drop structures, and energy dissipaters
- Perform drainage modeling: hydrologic modeling, hydraulic modeling of channels and/or washes, scour analysis, sediment yield and transport analysis
- Assesses feasibility of design alternatives
- Develops technical memos, reports, permit applications, and specifications. This includes standard Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) reports, drainage, and Hydraulic Reports for bridges / culverts
- Supervises and mentors junior engineers in performing efforts above
- Performs quality assurance / quality control checks to confirm accuracy and appropriateness of designs, computations, drawings, and reports
- Prepares proposals and develops and maintains project and task schedules and budgets
- Fosters relationships with team members, clients, and prospective clients, as well as industry stakeholders and regulators
Skills / Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or other relevant engineering field - Masters and/or Doctorate will be taken into consideration
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in GA required; additional state registrations a plus
- Proficient in stormwater management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices
- 10+ years of experience with drainage infrastructure design, analyses using hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) models, and reporting
- Experienced with software such as: FLO-2D, HEC-2/HEC-RAS/HEC-RAS 2D, HEC-1/HEC-HMS, HEC-6/HEC-6T, PC or XP SWMM, MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, STORMCAD, InRoads, Drainage, Open Roads Drainage, Culvert Master and HY-8
- Use of web based National Geodetic Survey Stream Stats desirable
- Expertise in the use of GIS for data import, manipulation, querying, filtering/screening results
- Proficiency in MS Office application software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to deliver project presentations to clients and/or the public
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing
- Capacity to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines as well as being willing to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and client/project needs
- Must be able to work both individually and within a team environment
- Must pass drug screen and background check
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.