Skills: Piping Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Wood is seeking Expressions of Interest for a Piping Engineer with extensive experience in Pharmaceutical industry.
- Execution of assigned work in accordance with applicable contract procedures, standards.
- Ensuring adequate flow of information within Piping and other disciplines to ensure uniformity in design and drafting activities.
- Reviewing with other Discipline Leaders for all the needs and technical aspect which can affect the schedule of the project.
- Reviewing with the Project Engineering Manager / Area Project Engineers all the needs and technical aspects which can affect the schedule of the project.
- Filing drawings and documents according to Wood discipline technical work practices / the instructions of superior for the assigned project.
- Observing the ethic of confidentiality on technologies licensed by Clients or Third Parties.
- Liaise with the Project Engineer regarding the interpretation of Client's Specifications and Standards.
- Overall operation of the Piping Specialists/Area Piping design activities and the high quality and timely completion of their work within the established work hour budgets for the assigned project.
- Ensuring engineering and design quality, technical accuracy of drawings, material quantities, specifications, procedures, etc. produced within the piping disciplines assigned to him.
- Ensure adequate manpower resources and their technical competences are available for his assigned area.
- Advise the Discipline Head of manpower requirements to meet work schedules within the budget allocation.
- Preparing, Reviewing, Issuing and follow up of all Piping Deliverables up to the issue for construction.
- Approving all Piping deliverables produced with in the Piping team, prior to initial and Construction Release.
- Reviewing, issuing and follow-up the comments, within his term of reference, on all drawings/documents related to other discipline which may be affected by piping activities.
- Update Progress as per project schedule , provide input for monthly progress reports and drawing indices to Project Control.
- Review requests for changes and if outside the scope of work, submit to Lead Piping Engineer / Project Engineering Manager an estimate of man-hours, material, and any impact to schedule.
- Ensure that the 3D model represents satisfactory design practice and participate FW internal and Client Model reviews.
- Review and approve project procedures, specifications, material requisitions, technical bid summaries, stress calculation reports when required.
- Prepare the engineering butt lists relevant to piping disciplines for all remaining activities to be performed towards the end of the project
- Good Knowledge and experience in Piping Material Engineering and Stress Analysis
- Piping lead and layout experience will be advantageous
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 5-10 years of relevant experience in Pharmaceutical projects.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the overall coordination and supervision of an engineering design team
- Conversant and good knowledge with the relevant international standards and code practices
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard to the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.