Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Louisville, Kentucky, United States
Wood's cultural resource program has an extensive work backlog and is seeking an energetic, team oriented, and experienced Project Archaeologist to support a nationwide team and rapidly growing cultural resource program. Projects include a wide range of federal, state, and commercial clients with many new opportunities and interesting locations. (Amec Foster Wheeler is now part of Wood)
This position is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
The candidate may be based in the Jefferson City, MO; Lexington, KY; or Louisville, KY offices.
Skills / Qualifications
- Qualified candidates should possess a master's degree in Archaeology, Anthropology, or a related field, and have completed an accredited archaeological field school
- Candidates must meet the Secretary of the Interior Standards (36 CFR 61) in archaeology and be eligible for Register of Professional Archaeologists
- A minimum of five years of demonstrable supervisory experience in CRM is preferred
- Midwestern, Midcontinent, or Southeastern experience is preferred
- They must also be capable of skills directly associated with standard archaeological survey and excavations, including familiarity with historic and prehistoric artifacts and archaeological features, standard documentation of field investigations, preparation of archaeological reports including site descriptions, and feature descriptions
- A thorough understanding of archaeological site significance recommendations and justifications
- A technical skill specialty is preferred, such as, but not limited to, historic or prehistoric artifact analysis, GIS experience, archival research, or geoarchaeology / geomorphology
- Must have good organizational skills, and familiarity with standard office computer applications
- Project Archaeologists are lead authors and coauthors on technical reports that document the results of the investigation and should be able to write well; a writing sample may be requested
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to address project research questions, through a synthesis of data from the field, laboratory analysis of artifacts, and incorporation of relevant published research
- They must possess a valid driver's license, be able to operate a four wheel-drive vehicle, and pass a background check
- Prior to employment, applicants are required to take separate drug screening and physical fitness exams that Wood will arrange
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.