Skills: Project Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Project Manager to support our Environmental Branch in South Jordan, Utah. We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to help expand our environmental consulting business in Utah and the West.
Wood's South Jordan office provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences including environmental assessment and remediation, water resources, environmental compliance, geotechnical design, transportation and materials testing. The successful candidate will have experience consulting, selling, managing and implementing environmental projects in the Industrial, Oil & Gas, Government, Energy and Transportation sectors.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Work to develop new business opportunities, build and maintain client relationships for our growing environmental group
- Project setup, project delivery, project controls, contract management
- Responsible for managing environmental projects involving site characterization, remedial design, and environmental compliance, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved
- Perform field work for site characterization and site remediation projects including oversight of subcontractors and sampling of soil, soil vapor, sediment, surface water and groundwater in accordance with state and Federal regulations and generally accepted protocols.
- Data analysis and reporting for specific environmental project tasks with minimal supervision including, recommend remedial solutions to technical problems in accordance with accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles
- Provide technical review for projects to comply with environmental laws, company standards, contract requirements and related specifications
- Preparation of marketing materials, proposals and cost estimates
Skills / Qualifications
- BS. or M.S. graduate with a degree in geology, hydrogeology, environmental engineering or other related fields
- PG or PE (Utah) desired
- 8 to 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/commercial, mining, energy and government sectors
- Demonstrated scientific or engineering expertise with Federal, State and Local environmental regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with field investigations associated with environmental site assessments, site remediation, field management, sampling etc.
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel to project sites primarily in Utah and the mountain west regions
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.