Skills: Process Control
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Warren, Michigan, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Process Control Engineer with experience and certification to program Ovation DCS systems. Individual must have experience in instrumentation and controls, preferably in Water and Wastewater, and/or Power plant systems. Knowledge of PLC programming, local HMI screens, and SCADA/DCS application programming and commissioning.
This position offers an opportunity to advance your career, challenge your skills, and be part of a winning team.
Skills / Qualifications
- Ovation DCS Certification - OV215 and OV216 completion certificates and any other specialized training
- Understand P&ID Plans and Industry Specifications
- SCADA Hardware and Software
- PLC Programming using ladder logic and function blocks
- HMI programming
- Any experience with Wonderware, iFix, WinCC, FactoryTalk View, and GE Cimplicity is a plus
- BSEE or BS Computer Science or comparable experience
- 3-5 years of experience in Instrumentation and Controls
- Proven abilities in design, engineering, start up, testing, and implementation phases of projects
- Effective communication with the customer and meet all deliverable due dates
- Review Specifications, I&C Control drawings, HMI screens, PLC programs, SCADA, etc.
- Assure customer Factory Test requirements are met per the specifications
- Superior organizational and analytical abilities needed to communicate company and customer needs with other departments and outside vendors
- Requires in-depth knowledge of Industry standard proves design methods such as ISA and UL 508A with technical/engineering controls background
- Knowledge of current electrical safety standards such as NEC and OHSA
- Travel Requirements: less than 25% travel
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required
CEC Controls is a Wood Automation and Controls company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.