Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 20 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established and progressive engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions?
Wood is seeking an experienced (20-25 years of applicable experience) Senior Drainage Engineer to support our Salt Lake City Operation. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a seller-doer with connections in the local community, and able to lead and support simultaneous projects involving multi-disciplinary teams. The role is serving as a Senior Project Manager and key team member of the Salt Lake City Surface Water Practice; however, the position will frequently work with team members from our local Transportation Practice and with drainage staff from other Wood offices throughout the United States. Depending on the needs of the project, this position will perform both leadership and supporting roles on various projects, tasks, and business development activities.
We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate has strong leadership and technical capabilities, is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Win, plan, perform, and supervise engineering work on a wide range of water resources projects including, but not limited to: analysis and design of highway drainage systems, watershed plans and studies, infrastructure improvement projects, floodplain and flood control studies and design, etc.
- Thoughtfully prepare quality proposals, schedules, reports, plans, memos, permit application packages, cost estimates, specifications, construction documents, etc.
- Perform quality assurance / quality control checks by other engineers to confirm accuracy and appropriateness of designs, computations, drawings, and reports
- Maintain strong financial performance while providing on-time and quality project deliverables
- Effectively organize and lead the efforts of a multi-disciplinary project team, including engineers, technicians and sub-consultants
- Work collaboratively with and mentor junior staff in a positive and professional manner
- Fosters relationships with team members, clients, and prospective clients, as well as industry stakeholders and regulators
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, or other engineering field
- Professional Engineer (Utah license preferred or be in position to obtain registration through reciprocity)
- Solid understanding and 20-25 years of practical experience in applying stormwater management, hydrology, and hydraulic practices
- Experienced with software programs such as: HY-8, HEC-RAS, TR-55, HEC-HMS, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and MicroStation. Experience with InRoads, Open Roads, RAS-2D, Flo-2D, or SRH-2D, are a plus
- Expertise in the use of GIS for data import, manipulation, review, querying, and filtering/screening.
- Experienced in presenting to City/Town Councils and at public meetings
- Strong sense of urgency to meet client expectations and deliver projects with a positive attitude and collaborative approach
- Continuous learner, creative problem solver, and sound decision maker
- Able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and under tight deadlines as well as being willing to be flexible and adaptive to changing priorities and client/project needs
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.