Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established and progressive engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions?
Wood's Salt Lake City team is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer with an interest in Bridge Engineering and opportunities for career growth.
Role Overview :
We're expanding and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Salt Lake City, Utah team. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. We have talented staff and work in a collaborative environment across the West. Good opportunity to work on some of the most exciting projects in the western region of the US and to mentor talented young engineers. Our team focuses on teamwork, quality, and excellent client service. Our atmosphere is supportive and flexible. We work hard but are a lot fun. Engagement in business development in addition to working on projects and designing bridges is a key aspect for this role. Our ideal candidate has strong local experience, strong technical capabilities, and a commitment to delivering a quality product.
Key Responsibilities :
- As part of the transportation leadership team, develop and implement strategies to reach overall business goals of the transportation design group with financially prudent growth strategies to expand the Utah market
- Provide technical and project management leadership to the transportation group and participate as a Design task leader for structural projects including bridges, walls, culverts and foundations
- Assist in detailing plan sets and work with CADD Technicians
- Develops plan sets and writes reports
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings
- Will utilize MicroStation, InRoads, and OpenRoads for bridge design and will oversee and direct the work of engineers and technicians
- Assists in training staff from other disciplines on MicroStation, InRoads, OpenRoads, and UDOT standards
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- MS in Structural Engineering preferred
- 15 years + in related bridge design and transportation projects
- PE in Utah or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Demonstrated technical ability in design of a wide range of bridge types
- Proficiency in AASHTO LRFD bridge design specifications
- Familiarity with structural analysis software such as CONSPAN, LARSA, or SAP2000
- Railroad bridge design experience using the AREMA code is a plus
- Demonstrated consistency and attention to detail; proven track record successfully completing small and/or large-scale projects
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on large multi-discipline projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experienced in MicroStation and Inroads
- Experience with UDOT and/or other DOT's required
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.