Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Solar Rack and Hardware Installer Helpers with proven construction experience. This is a Solar Project in Louisa VA. The Wood Renewables Sector is in extreme growth mode. Grow with us and improve your career !
Authorization to work lawfully in in the U.S. without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Solar project experience is a plus. Reporting to Foreman and Supervisors. Working closely with other co-workers on un-even terrain. Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
Install solar equipment racks and mounts according to layout plans, blueprints and other drawings while working with Rack & Mount Installers and Foreman
Skills / Qualifications
TECHNICAL DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Involed with installation of large racks and mounting brackets
Experience in basic mechanical installations
- General construction and ladder work
- Ability to lift and support heavy objects up to 50lbs. in a repetitious pace for a schedule work day
- Must have experience with all types of hand-held and power tools
- Must be capable of working in extreme weather conditions
- Be capable of listening and communicating with other supervision and employees
- Be motivated and work safely and productively
- Understand and respond accordingly to all safety alerts, warnings, hazards
- May be required to lift and carry items weighing no more than 50 pounds
- Must possess enough strength and stamina to perform the technical duties and essential functions as identified above
- Must be able to move in and around confined spaces and uneven areas
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on ladders
- Must be able to adequately hear and respond to voice commands, alerts, and alarms
- Visual acuity and depth perception consistent with that required to work at heights and on uneven surfaces and perform essential duties of position
- Frequently - Standing, Walking, Squatting, Kneeling, Bending, Twisting, and Climbing - Occasionally - Crawling
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.