Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking discipline specific Engineering Systems Administrator (Piping) in anticipation of a project win in Russia to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of engineering systems principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Adminstrator will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex engineering system's assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Project administration of Microstation V8. This will include 3D, 2D, Isometric setup and maintenance.
- Assists with MicroStation Troubleshooting/Service. Works proactively to identify issues and implement preventative solutions.
- Identifies and evaluates user needs including hardware requirements.
- Works directly with our CADD vendors support staff to coordinate on technical issues as required.
- CADD Administration/Integrations. Develops, implements and manages system upgrades.
- Works with our project teams to optimize system performance.
- Manages CADD system databases to ensure data accuracy and efficiency.
- Assists with research and development. Tests new functionalities, workflows to assure requirements and efficiencies are met.
- Develops MicroStation system documentation such as knowledge base articles, processes and procedures.
- Develops user training and quick reference guides for new software/system upgrades as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Setup automated Review model generation.
- Setup and administration of Global utilizing multiple satellite installations.
- Implementation of Clash Management which includes installation, configuration, and ongoing project management. Reporting will be an ongoing task as the project progresses through to the final IFC stage.
- Assist with programming and customizing the work environment.
- Developing and managing Catalogues & Specifications for discipline specific applications.
- Developing and implementing the intelligent Engineering systems as the project requires.
- Responsible for training and software troubleshooting for users.
- Development of procedures and instructions for designers.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical college graduate with North American experience in mining and mineral or similar industries
- 5-7 years of related engineering system administration experience with EPC or EPCM companies required for this position. (preference will be given to those candidate with experience in Mineral Mining projects)
- Practical use and knowledge of CAD Database Systems, specifically Microstation suite of tools.
- AutoCAD and MicroStation proficiency.
- Modeling capabilities in one or more disciplines: Piping, Equipment, Structural, HVAC and Electrical.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with multiple disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of MicroStation V8
- Thorough knowledge of specifications and catalogue development in MicroStation
- Customization and technical support of MicroStation.
- Strong project and time management skills as well as effective communications skill are essential.
- Familiarity with Russian language rand codes will be an asset
- This position is permanent and does not have relocation assistance or living allowances attached to it. You must live within reasonable commuting distance or be willing to work in Oakville at your own expense
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.