Skills: Project Management
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood is seeking a Senior Level Project Manager with hydrologic and hydraulic modelling experience to join our Durham, NC based Water Resources Group. This individual will assist in the management of engineering tasks and projects, including cost estimates and scheduling. The ideal candidate will have proven success in leading staff and a demonstrated ability to meet challenging schedule and budget requirements.
The applicant will also assist with various engineering projects related to water resources and civil engineering. These projects may include, but are not limited to, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses, dam inundation studies, storm water planning and design, and watershed master planning. Typical clients include FEMA, NCDOT, Duke Energy, and various state and local governments. These tasks will involve the use of various H&H engineering software as well as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
- Lead a project team, ensuring that project deliverables are met, and ensuring schedule and budget expectations are adhered to
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate staffing levels needed for projects
- Assist with client and project development - track opportunities, identify client needs, assist with proposals and marketing materials where needed
- Develop a strategic plan for engineering sales and services line expansion/diversification
- Work on complex hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Develop engineering databases, reports, and work maps
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer is required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to lead a project team
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle working on multiple projects at the same time
- Strong understanding of H&H principles and software, including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, and GIS
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.