Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood is currently seeking a motivated professional with 8+ years of hydrologic and hydraulic modelling experience to join our Water Resources Group based in Durham, NC. The applicant will assist with various engineering projects related to water resources and civil engineering. These projects may include, but are not limited to, hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses, dam inundation studies, and watershed master planning. Typical clients include FEMA, NCDOT, Duke Energy, and various state and local governments.
In addition to the tasks listed above, the applicant will assist with new H&H analyses and floodplain mapping that conform to FEMA's guidelines and specifications for the National Flood Insurance Program. These tasks will involve the use of various H&H engineering software as well as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met
- Ensure that project schedule and budget expectations are adhered to
- Ensure that quality assurance and quality control procedures are adhered to
- Work on hydrologic and hydraulic analyses
- Develop engineering databases, reports, and work maps
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer is preferred or the ability to obtain licensure within one year of employment
- 8+ years of hydrologic and hydraulic modelling experience
- Strong understanding of H&H principles and software, including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, and GIS
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and willingness to be trained
- Ability to work as part of a project team
- Good interpersonal skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.