Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Waste Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Durham, North Carolina, United States
Wood is currently seeking an experienced Water Resources Engineer to join our Water Resources Group in the Durham, NC area. The applicant will assist with various engineering projects related to water resources and civil engineering. Typical clients include FEMA, NCDOT, Duke Energy, and various state and local governments.
The applicant will assist with new H&H analyses and floodplain mapping that conform to FEMA's guidelines and specifications for the National Flood Insurance Program. These tasks will involve the use of various H&H engineering software as well as Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software.
- Ensure that project deliverables are met
- Ensure that project schedule and budget expectations are adhered to
- Ensure that quality assurance and quality control procedures are adhered to
- Work on hydrologic and hydraulic (H&H) analyses
- Dam inundation studies
- Watershed master planning
- Develop engineering databases, reports, and work maps
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering or related field; Master's degree preferred
- Registration as a licensed Professional Engineer is preferred or the ability to obtain licensure within one year of employment
- 8+ years of hydrologic and hydraulic modelling experience
- Strong understanding of H&H principles and software, including HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, and GIS
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and willingness to be trained
- Ability to work as part of a project team
- Good interpersonal skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.