Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Corner Brook, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Inspector to support a variety of infrastructure projects in Western Newfoundland.
- Conduct site inspection for municipal construction projects, including storm and sanitary sewers, water distribution, and roadways identifying and advising of non-compliance;
- Review and interpret contract documents and contract drawings;
- Coordinate and monitor the material testing/quality control program completed by others;
- Keep field diaries, records of work completed, materials and equipment on site each day;
- Monitor environmental compliance;
- Work closely with the Contract Administrator to provide observations, records and data as required for contract administration;
- Track and summarize quantities, and review, prepare and recommend approval of payment certificates;
- Liaise with the design engineer and clients for approval of on-site changes;
- Liaise with the public and other stakeholders;
- Ensure compliance with Wood's project-specific Health and Safety Plan.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of two (2) years experience as a Construction Inspector on municipal infrastructure projects;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of DMAE Municipal Water, Sewer and Roads Master Construction Specifications would be considered an asset;
- Valid driver's license required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.