Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, Regulatory Compliance
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions' Burnaby Environmental Group is currently seeking a Discipline Lead - Environmental Assessment and Permitting to join our Environmental Assessment and Permitting team in British Columbia. The successful candidate will work within Wood's British Columbia/Yukon Regional Practice and collaborate with teams across Canada. Primary responsibility will be leading a practice focused on environmental assessments, environmental permit applications, and regulatory approvals.
About Wood E&IS
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions' core competencies are in environmental assessments, health and environmental risk assessment, environmental geology (site investigation), remediation engineering, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, infrastructure engineering, and testing, and water resource services. We employ permanent staff in each region of Canada, including hydrogeologists, environmental, geological, civil, and geotechnical engineers, and environmental scientists and technician/technologist support personnel. Each of our regional teams is supported by local Wood offices and international Wood professional practice networks.
- Develop and implement strategic business plan(s), provide leadership, and deliver performance results to expand Wood's environmental assessment, planning and permitting service offerings and client base in the resource and infrastructure sectors
- As a "seller/doer," contribute to business development of Wood's global environmental assessment, planning and permitting practice, including identifying and develop new opportunities, prepare effective technical proposals, and take active leadership in growing the practice
- Serve as a project manager or senior resource for environmental assessment, permitting and related projects
- Lead, manage performance, hire and retain, inspire and mentor personnel for overall success of the team
- Capitalize on existing Wood client relationships to expand Wood's profile and deepen relationships with key clients
- Support the growth and development of Wood's regional, national and international technical community
- Collaborate and partner with Wood technical practitioners from multiple offices to execute environmental projects globally
Skills / Qualifications
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- B.Sc./M.Sc. in environmental studies, biology, planning, geography, environmental management or related field
- Ability to serve as a Qualified Environmental Professional on major projects, holding an appropriate professional accreditation such as Registered Professional Biologist (R.P.Bio.), Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo.) or similar status in BC
- 15+ years of consulting experience with impact assessment and multi-media permitting, including a minimum of 8 years of experience in British Columbia
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful business growth strategies in either the resource or infrastructure sectors
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, and ability to develop and maintain long-term relationships with clients
- Solid grasp of key environmental assessment, mitigation and management issues within the resource or infrastructure sectors, as well as a high degree of technical competence and broad assessment approvals
- Strong project management skills with a focus on delivering high-quality products on time and on schedule.
- Experience carrying projects through the BCEAA, CEAA 2012 or NEB environmental assessment processes
- Well-developed teambuilding and influencing skills; unquestioned integrity; and experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address client and business needs and challenges
- Positive outlook, collaborative, and driven by success of Wood as a global company
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.