Skills: Civil Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States
Wood's Denver team is growing and we have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer with an interest in Bridge Engineering and opportunities for career growth.
We're expanding and have an exciti ng opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Denver, CO team. Friendly, flexible and positive work environment offering a variety of challenging projects. We have a talented staff and work in a collaborative environment. Good opportunity to work on some of most exciting projects in Colorado and to mentor talented young engineers. Our team focuses on teamwork, quality, and excellent client service. Our atmosphere is supportive and flexible. We work hard, but are a lot fun. Becoming involved in business development is a possibility for the right candidate, but we want someone who still wants to work on projects and design bridges. Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and a desire for career growth.
- Design task leader for structural projects including bridges, walls, culverts and foundations
- Assist in detailing plan sets and work with CADD Technicians
- Develops plan sets and writes reports
- Attends and actively participates in client meetings
- Will utilize Microstation and InRoads for bridge design and will oversee and direct the work of engineers and technicians
- Assists in training staff from other disciplines on Microstation, Inroads and CDOT standards
- The successful candidate may take on a project management role
- Assists in developing marketing proposals
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Civil Engineering
- MS in Structural Engineering preferred
- 15 years + in related bridge design and transportation projects
- PE in Colorado or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire
- Demonstrated technical ability in design of a wide range of bridge types
- Proficiency in AASHTO LRFD bridge design specifications
- Familiarity with structural analysis software such as LARSA or SAP2000
- Railroad bridge design experience using the AREMA code is a plus
- Demonstrated consistency and attention to detail; proven track record successfully completing small and/or large scale projects
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with other team members on large multi-discipline projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microstation and Inroads
- Experience with CDOT and/or Central Federal Lands projects preferred
- Must pass drug test, background check and have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.