Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Skills: Project Management, Design Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Chantilly, Virginia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking a Senior-Level Water Resources Design Engineer/Project Manager to join our team in Chantilly, Virginia. Candidate will be responsible for technical execution of water resources design projects including reports, conceptual designs, permitting, preparation of construction documents including specifications and cost estimates, presentations to clients and stakeholders, construction management and oversight, project management, and the mentoring of junior staff.
- Perform as Engineer of Record and/or Project Manager for water resources design engineering projects. Typical responsibilities include developing conceptual plans, permitting and construction documents, technical specifications, cost estimates, and engineering support during construction. Typical projects include stormwater management plans, pond retrofits, and stream restoration.
- Assist with business development opportunities with local municipal clients.
- Perform field work as needed to support design.
- Present to clients and stakeholders
- Works closely and collaboratively with other civil design engineers and ecological specialists to execute projects effectively and efficiently ensuring schedule and budget are achieved for project deliverables
- Coordinate with subcontractors
- Prepare hydrologic and hydraulic computations and summary reports
- Participate in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- BS or MS in Civil, Environmental, Water Resources or related engineering degree
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Virginia
- 10+ years relevant engineering experience (15+ preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in project management including budget, schedule and deliverable performance
- Demonstrated experience in preparing construction documents, developing plan and profiles for water resources design projects
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D and conventional stormwater modeling software such as HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, SWMM, FLO-2D, and/or HydroCAD.
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Demonstrated experience working with municipalities, water management districts, and other water agencies
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in other mid-Atlantic states
- Experience in Natural Channel Design/stream restoration, Hydraulic Engineering, Stormwater Management, Stream Stabilization, Pond and Wetland Design and Retrofits, and FEMA studies including LOMR / CLOMR
- NC State Stream Restoration Assessment and Design Training, Rosgen Training, or equivalent
- Applicant must have the ability to work in varying environments (office and field settings)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.