Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Southern England, United Kingdom
Wood Transmission and Distribution (T&D) are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager with extensive knowledge and experience in the T&D Industry and delivering Overhead Lines Projects to 400kV.
This is a permanent position and whilst we are flexible on location, you will be expected to travel between the various Overhead Lines Projects throughout England & Wales.
Purpose of the Role
The OHL Senior Project Manager is responsible for the management of a programme of assigned OHL projects, including all aspects of development and performance management.
- Ensuring that the individual projects contained within their portfolios are delivered safely, to time, quality and budget. In addition to this, the role holder will be responsible for working closely with the T&D Engineering team to deliver a portfolio of design commissions and manage several embedded resources
- Responsible for ensuring high standards are applied in the management of all aspects of individual projects and their alignment with the client and Wood T&D business objectives
- Focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of project delivery and outwardly on its coherence with the client programme of works and technical codes and standards.
- Ensure good channels of communication exist at all times between the associated stakeholder groups
Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrate effective individual and collective SHE leadership and promote enthusiastic SHE culture. Manage Safety through early development incorporating life cycle designs that minimise risk to personnel. Drive the "Safety by Design" and Safety Shield philosophy through the project delivery process
- Responsible for the successful delivery of all stages of an assigned portfolio of projects to meet the key programme milestones and deliver the planned EBIT in terms of P&L
- Accountable for the approval of the scope of works, the plan and the target cost for each element of all projects assigned to their portfolio
- Accountable for team consistency in the preparation and presentation of project controls to be deployed on the project, including but not limited to; PMP, QA/QC Plan, project programme, risk & change management, EVM analysis, internal budget control and cash flow throughout. Providing reports for the Alliance Management Team to the required standard and deadlines
- Prioritising the assignment of project resource to individual projects, and resolving conflicting requirements at a portfolio level by working closely with the T&D central Resourcing team. Drive performance, actively seeking to improve and optimise project delivery. Ensure that performance management ethos and practice is adopted by project delivery teams
- Achieving a consistent high standard of project programming and reporting across all projects producing a portfolio level report monthly.
- Ensuring the successful resolution of issues and challenges on individual projects as required. Providing guidance and leadership and when necessary acting in the role of trouble-shooter
- Ensuring that any lessons learned and innovation introduced under the "change-challenge for business excellence" banner are applied across and internally within the Wood T&D business
- Enforcing standards of quality and professionalism for each stage of the project life-cycle
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree, HND/HNC, or equivalent Industry track record
- Recognised SHE Qualification such as NEBOSH
Knowledge, Experience & Skills
- Understanding of and belief in the principles of CDM.
- Good knowledge of NEC forms of contracts
- OHL installation techniques
- A good level of financial and commercial understanding
- Previous project management experience.
- Substantial experience of running multi million pound projects to time and budget.
- Experience of developing working relationships quickly and effectively
- Good programme / project management skills.
- Basic understanding of Engineering Principals.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with planning skills.
- Possess a full clean driving license
** Must have Proof of Right to Work within the European Union **
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.