Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech, Metallurgist / Materials Engineering, Civil Construction
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently seeking Construction Materials Technicians to join our team in Phoenix, AZ. We have regular fulltime positions available as well as on - call positions.
Do you enjoy working outdoors in the construction industry? We have several positions available and opportunities to grow and enhance your career. Are you looking to work with an established engineering firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply to join our team of friendly, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
We have opportunities for experienced technicians with ACI, ATTI and other certifications. We also have opportunities for motivated individuals without construction materials field / laboratory testing experience looking to start a career.
Key Responsibilities :
- Conduct tests and investigations in the field or laboratory to obtain data used by engineering and technical personnel in determining physical properties of construction materials
- Perform laboratory and field tests according to prescribed procedures, processes and standards
- Collect soil, asphalt and concrete samples, prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summary report
- Use specialized equipment and apparatus to prepare analyses, reports and / or technical drawings
- Operate computer systems and peripheral equipment
- Maintain results log
- Enter data and use spreadsheet computer programs
- Confer with Engineers and Scientific staff on test and design efforts
- Set up, maintain and calibrate equipment
- May require some lifting and carrying
- Field assignments may require travel and / or work to be performed on site under a variety of environmental and climatic conditions for extended periods of time
Skills / Qualifications
Required Qualifications :
- Valid Driver's License
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred
- Able to use laboratory test equipment in an effective and safe manner
- Able to understand procedure manuals and can execute work orders
- Able to prepare reports and documentation
- Able to follow directions and has attention to detail
- May be required to have the ability to lift and carry soil, asphalt and concrete samples and use a wheelbarrow
- Able to work independently
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Preferred Qualifications of Experienced Technicians :
- 1 year + Construction Materials Testing experience
- Maintain required ACI and ATTI certifications to perform appropriate inspections
- ACI Certification
- ATTI Certification
- Knowledge and understanding of materials testing and a project focus
- Understanding of applicable ASTM, AASHTO and ADOT Standards
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.