Skills: Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineer, Architect
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Wichita, Kansas, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid to Senior Level Water Resources Engineer (PE) with approximately 6 - 10 years + of experience to join our team in Wichita, KS or Topeka, KS. This is a unique opportunity to advance your career with a well-established yet growing water resources practice focusing on FEMA RiskMAP, Floodplain/Watershed, Flood Mitigation, and Stormwater Studies.
Do you have a desire to take your technical expertise to the next level? We offer the opportunity to lead and develop custom technical application methods across a wide-range of interesting stormwater & flood risk projects, such as: large-scale flood control & mitigation projects, a variety of design projects, flood risk mapping projects and urban stormwater improvement projects for local municipalities. There's also the opportunity to participate in projects in multiple regions across North America utilizing capabilities in a wide range of ecosystems. We have an impressive team of water resources engineers with great experience, positive energy and eagerness to continue to push the boundary of their technical expertise. The ideal candidate will have the desire to work with other technical team members on cutting edge water resource modeling tasks including custom 2-dimensional flow and developing new methods and tools for flood risk & mitigation projects.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We provide the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
Key Responsibilities :
- Will coordinate, task, phase, and/or project manage water resources, watershed/floodplain studies and/or storm water management projects
- Effectively convey proposed work efforts, project task/phase schedules, and results in technical documents
- Will mentor & supervise junior engineers and technicians
- Will perform hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization, and stormwater systems
- Will assist in FEMA RiskMAP studies
- Will conduct field investigations on various projects including but not limited to: dam safety inspections, hydrology and hydraulic evaluations, and levee inspections for our municipal, state and federal government clients
- Will perform engineering calculations including hydrologic and hydraulic modelling tasks for a variety of water resources projects including dams, levee systems, watershed & floodplain studies, streambank stabilization, stormwater systems, and water/wastewater systems
- Assist in the design of water, wastewater, and stormwater systems
- Assist in the collection, monitoring, analysis, and design of environmental systems
- Produce written and oral reports
- Will work under the guidance and mentorship of senior engineers
Skills / Qualifications
Primary Certification & Skill Requirements :
- BS degree in Civil, Agricultural, or Environmental Engineering required
- PE Certification
- 6 - 10 years' + experience
- Prior experience in FEMA RiskMAP, Floodplain/Watershed Studies, Flood Mitigation, and Municipal Stormwater Studies
- Prior experience in task or phase management of projects; especially FEMA RiskMAP, watershed, or stormwater studies
- Prior experience mentoring junior engineering staff or technicians
- Prior experience with local, state, federal, and watershed/flood control district clients
- Preferred Engineering Software experience (any):
- USACE HEC Programs (HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, etc.), Riverware, etc.
- EPA-SWMM, PC-SWMM, Innovyze Products, etc.
- Infowater, WaterGEMS, SewerGEMS, WaterCAD, etc.
- MODFLOW & etc.
- 2-Dimentional Flow Modelling (RiverFlow2D, FLO-2D, Flow2D, etc.)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) (Flow3D, Fluent, etc.)
- Open Channel
- Water Distribution Modelling
- Groundwater Modelling
- Specialty Software/Skills
- Geographical Information Systems experience such as ESRI ArcGIS, QGIS, Manifold, etc.
- Great technical writing and communication skills
- Must pass a drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
These would be a plus :
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, C++, Java, and etc. a plus - Particularly in the development of scientific data analyses
- Advanced GIS experience such as Model Builder, Python, and advanced analysis tools (Spatial & 3D Analyst) a plus
- Familiar with the engineering markets and experience within the Kansas Region
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.