Skills: Contracts Administration
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Blue Bell, Pennsylvania, United States
Wood is currently seeking a Senior Contracts Manager to join our U.S. Government contracts and compliance team. This position provides essential value-added support across multiple business operations to pursue, negotiate, and administer US Government contracts with a wide range of Department of Defense and Civilian contracting agencies. Wood performs an exciting and diverse portfolio of architect-engineering, environmental consulting, and construction managements projects of varying sizes and durations around the world.
Work Location: Open to any Wood office in the US and/or remotely based. Preference would be for the potential candidate to sit in a Wood office.
This position promotes compliance with US Government contract requirements and corporate commercial policies and procedures covering such issues as tender governance, delegated authorities, contract management, surety bonds, and joint ventures. The successful candidate will be proactively engaged in the lifecycle of government contracts from the pre-award stage, including preparation of compliant proposals in response to solicitations showcasing the depth of Wood's qualifications and experience, through the post-award stage, including change management, dispute resolution and timely close-out. This position regularly communicates various contract matters with project teams and Wood management. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of government contract requirements and be able to effectively guide project teams and Wood management through viable courses of action to secure contractual entitlement to time and money while mitigating or avoiding the risk of costly contractual disputes. The successful candidate will have a strong background in government contracts and understanding of complex architect-engineering, environmental consultancy and construction contracting. Duties entail managing the tender review process; conducting contract reviews and negotiations; performing contract administration activities, including contract close-out; handling surety bonds and contract-specific insurance requirements; advising on contract changes, requests for equitable adjustment, and dispute resolution; reviewing and negotiating teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, and joint venture agreement; among other related activities.
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 8+ years' experience working in government contracts for the U.S. Government and/or a prime or subcontractor that performs US Government contracts
- A four-year bachelor's degree in business or related field from an accredited college or university, with a graduate degree in business or law a plus
- Supervisory and/or management capabilities and experience a plus
- Able to express yourself clearly and positively, both verbally and in writing, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to proactively handle a variety of routine and non-routine, and often complex, contractual assignments
- Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement, and other agency FAR supplements
- Expertise in government contract negotiation, award, administration and close-out, including preparation of subcontract flow down provisions and working with supply chain professionals
- Practical and proactive problem-solving skills, with critical thinking ability to partner with project teams and Wood management globally
- Ability to work independently and in team settings under time pressured deadlines
- Highest ethics, confident and ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic and changing business environment
- Demonstrated history of effectively managing government contracts, including changes and dispute resolution processes
- Proficient computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience with forming and operating joint ventures is desirable
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.