Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Wood is currently seeking Bentley Open Plant Administration Specialist in anticipation of a project win in Russia to join our Mining & Minerals team in Oakville, Ontario who will apply extensive and comprehensive knowledge of Bentley Open Plant systems principles and practices to the organization's products and services. The Administrator will plan, schedule and assign/supervise or conduct broad and/or technically complex engineering system's assignments requiring judgment, independent evaluation, selection and significant adaptation and deviation from standard techniques and procedures.
- Expert (or advanced) knowledge of the Bentley Open Plant system - on premises or cloud based
- Ability to set up the entire project in the principal role
- User training and ongoing production support
- Leading a small team of experienced Engineering Systems professionals (skilled in plant design issues, including other MicroStation based plant design products)
- Ability to design and implement project data integration suitable for the project requirements
- Project administration of Microstation V8. This will include 3D, 2D, Isometric setup and maintenance.
- Assists with MicroStation Troubleshooting/Service. Works pro-actively to identify issues and implement preventative solutions.
- Assists with research and development. Tests new functionalities, workflows to assure requirements and efficiencies are met.
- Setup automated Review model generation.
- Implementation of Clash Management which includes installation, configuration, and ongoing project management. Reporting will be an ongoing task as the project progresses through to the final IFC stage.
- Assist with programming and customizing the work environment.
- Developing and implementing the intelligent Engineering systems as the project requires.
- Development of procedures and instructions for designers.
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical college graduate with North American experience in mining and mineral or similar industries
- 7 - 10 years of related experience with Bentley Open Plant system administration on premises or cloud based.
- Practical use and knowledge of CAD Database Systems, specifically Microstation suite of tools.
- AutoCAD and MicroStation proficiency.
- Modeling capabilities in one or more disciplines: Piping, Equipment, Structural, HVAC and Electrical.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with multiple disciplines.
- Thorough knowledge of MicroStation V8
- Thorough knowledge of specifications and catalogue development in MicroStation
- Customization and technical support of MicroStation.
- Strong project and time management skills as well as effective communications skill are essential.
- Familiarity with Russian language and codes will be an asset
- This position is permanent and does not have relocation assistance or living allowances attached to it. You must live within reasonable commuting distance or be willing to work in Oakville at your own expense
- Authorization to work lawfully in Canada without sponsorship from Wood is required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.