Skills: Project Management, Construction Manager
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Ontario, Canada
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Construction & Remediation group is hiring a Construction Project Coordinator.
The position is a full-time permanent position for a self-motivated, energetic and organized individual to become trained in various aspects of our day to day operations related to database maintenance, client management, project coordination, reporting, team support, and other duties as assigned.
- Supports managers and project teams in organizing, performing, tracking and reporting project activities
- Scheduling; understands, reviews, tracks progress, and communicates progress to managers and team members
- Procurement; initiates subcontracts and suppliers, orders, reviews payment certificates/invoices & works with procurement, management & team members
- Budgeting; understands and maintains budgets and forecasts.
- Tracking; tracking all manner of project statistics and information. Organize, save, and report information to managers and team members
- Technical; works with project surveyors; reviews and understands project drawings and specifications; drafts and understand technical project documents and contract correspondence
- Coordination; communicates, organizes, and coordinates between all internal and external stakeholders
- Invoicing; understands contract payment structure, draft invoices for review by management
- Planning/Executing; organizes, schedules, coordinates, initiates upcoming project work
- Quality Management; understands, participates in quality management system
- Meetings; plans and organizes project meetings and events
- Administrative; organization and administrative duties as required
- Represents Wood to clients, subcontracts, suppliers, and other internal groups
Skills / Qualifications
- College Diploma in Business Administration, or Construction Management;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a coordination/administration/management position, in the construction industry.
- High organizational skills
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Advance proficiency with Excel, Scheduling/project management software
- Eligibility to obtain Federal Government Reliability Clearance Certificate
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.